Friday, May 28, 2010

On the Tip of My Tongue...

Have you ever had one of those days or weeks where you just can't grasp the right word.  It just hovers there...on the tip of your tongue.

I have been struggling with a few words this week.  Trying to remember them since Wednesday.  With the vasculitis in my head combined with the lupus fog and mehbeh a leak, I am not quite on my best game.

So, I should know what this soft, cylindrical item is.  I do....but I don't.  And... for some weird reason, my brain tells me its "cologne water" paper.  My friend, Mitch, helped walk me through why I was calling it that.

I described what "cologne water" was and eventually was able to tell him that it was "Eau de Toilette" ...and the light shifted in my brain and I could easily see that it was toilet paper.  I can read the words and know what it is but for some reason, my tongue won't say it at first with out a huge process.  >.<



The other word that has been elusive is my favorite animal and stuffed animal.  I collect these wonderful furry critters.  I for some reason called them "Watership Down".  The title of a wonderful book and movie regarding this adorable little creature.

Mitch helped me word associate until the word came.  BUNNY...but even then...it still wants to hop right out of my brain and remain stuck on the tip of my tongue.

I think I would prefer something better than words being stuck on the tip of my tongue.  Things like caramel or frozen custard or the wonderful buttery rich crunchy...that is really good covered in chocolate and rhymes with coffee.....DAMMIT...what is that???

No comments: