Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 2: (Day 12) I love how God works...

I love how God works.  My doctor's appointment Friday didn't go as I expected it to.  My blood pressure was far too high and my asthma is not behaving.  Turns out its part of an allergic reaction to something I've been eating.  Although, Friday night I didn't know that.  In fact, I let myself get depressed and I had a massive pity party for myself thinking that it was just one more thing to add to my list of "broken" things.


On one of the forums I participate on, a young woman I know, posted early this morning about how she is considering suicide.  I had been in such a deep despair Friday night, I immediately felt a connection to her despair, although I would never consider suicide as an option.  I was able to reach out to her and let her know she wasn't alone and that she needs to find those happy moments and hold on to them and make more happy moments.  Others on the board rallied around her too.  I'd like to think we helped save a life...I just know that if I hadn't been so down and upset I might not have recognized the tone of her post.


My work has been massively stressful and we were pretty certain that was the main culprit for the high BP.  My work's environment has changed dramatically and we are losing a lot of good people because the "air" is filled with distrust and hostility.  We have had 5  full-time faculty members leave or give notice in the past 7 months and 6 staff members.  13 people in 7 months.  That is an alarming number to me...but it also is a huge red flag.  When people start jumping ship in large numbers, it may be time to re-evaluate staying.


I am trusting God to show me what he wants me to.  He will lead and I will follow.


As for my walking since Wednesday...averaging just under 10,000 steps.  The broken toe is not as painful today so I could do more.  I did only flat walking no steps or stairs...the pressure on the foot is just a bit more than I can take and probably isn't so good on the healing process.  Did my 3 sets of 10 each, bicep curls, tricep extensions and dumbbell squats with 10lb hand weights.  Also did 50 wall push ups. 


I think the positive change that I will be focusing on for the next 21 days maybe work related...but this change I am currently working on...will stay in the mix. :)


Please send me your positive changes...email or post a comment.

No comments: